Saturday, February 16, 2013

Do you know where you're going to?


My children see mostly the beauty outside the windows of life.  I don't know who said it or when I first  heard the quote "show them what is beautiful and they will see evil when they encounter it".  I try to remind myself of this when we are out in the world and I have witnessed it with my children.  Their instinct draws them to recognize God's creations.  In our homeschooling we use the Mother Seton curriculum (mostly) and the books have the most beautiful catholic artwork.  Each year the quality gets better.
Do you know where you're going to?  Seek what is beautiful.

We are currently packing our household into boxes.  Eating off paper plates and drinking from plastic cups.  I know we are blessed to be able to make this move in the times we live in.  Moving in and of itself is financially draining.  I was thinking about the movie "Fiddler on the Roof" last night.  Remember the part when they take all that is necessary and pack it on the horse drawn cart and off they go?  Wow....we have three PODS in the drive and are buying boxes...."hello".  Paying for boxes and plastic wrap.   Can you just imagine for a minute how attached we are to all this "STUFF".  I am struggling to just detach from all the "STUFF".  I am not kidding when I tell you I have taken 8 full loads of "STUFF" to charities and even had St. Vincent pick up furniture.  Please pray that I can muster the virtue of detachment and save us a small fortune on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment