Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Lenten Journey Begins


Typically at our house Shrove Tuesday begins with salt dough. Let's go with that tradition. It is a messy teaching moment but one that we all enjoy. Patrick was totally into it. Mess, build, destroy, repeat until the floor is completely covered and we get a little on the walls. The girls were done long before Patrick. I had no idea he would stay entertained this long. He was eventually sitting in the middle of the table but my hands were too coated to get the camera at that point. He was squeezing dough for nearly 45 minutes.




Mary had the idea of making The Sacred Heart with the crown of thorns this year. Love this idea. Hers turned out really great.



I think Patrick made the All Knowing Brain of God!!!!! He was very proud of his work....Now let's crush it....we can rebuild it, make it better....hey I bet if I threw this hard enough it would stick to the ceiling. LOVE THIS FACE!
Chloe made a crown of thorns with a cross in the middle. I'll get dried pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment